Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10 Reasons I Love My Body

Yesterday, after reading Tiffany's blog post about 10 things to appreciate about your body, I committed to coming up with my own list. Here it is!

1. My curls! My curly hair has always been a defining factor that sets me apart from the crowd.
2. My white skin. The envy of many who have spent too many hours in the elements.
3. My long eyelashes. They should hire me for mascara commercials.
4. My round cheeks. I think those are primarily why people think I'm about 10 years younger than I am.
5. My smile. Thanks to my orthodontist, I like to display it as often as I can.
6. My breasts. I actually like my modest size and know few women who say the same.
7. My hands and feet. Both are tiny and delicate.

Ummmmm.....I'm stuck! Might have to reach for the less obvious.

8. My strength. I may be small, but I am mighty.
9. My ability to withstand heat. I don't mind the hot Phoenix summers and rather enjoy my sweaty Bikram yoga classes.
10. My immune system. I am lucky to have been healthy my whole life and rarely get sick.

Ha! Did it! It was a little more challenging than I expected until I realized I could appreciate my body from the inside too. Now it's your turn. I would love to hear your favorite aspect of your body in the comments!

11. My body allows me to dance!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, here we go:
    1. My shoulders-I love watching my push-up-enhanced muscles work. Can't wait to get back to sleeveless shirts for the summer!
    2. My legs are pretty shapely, too.
    3. My facial scar - even though it makes my face look dented in photos, I love its uniqueness and how it has contributed to my whole self.
    4. My lips - perfect cupid bow! I should totally be a lipstick model.
    5. My hands - I love how expressive and dexterous they are - I think they say a lot about me.
    6. My forearms - strong and wiry from guitar-playing, especially doing tremolos!
    7. My breasts - I also have always been happy with their size and proportion. I'd never want to change them!
    8. My hair - I love the color & curls! Sure, I may dye it occasionally, but I'm always happy to get back to my natural color.
    9. My cheekbones & jaw - I also always see my grandmother's bones when I look in the mirror.
    10. I'm going to copy you on my overall health - I love that I'm so resistant to disease and bounce back quickly from injuries.

    Started getting hard around 8 - I didn't want to copy you and Tiffany, but I really agreed with the things you loved about yourselves as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Grumpator! I really respect that you love your scar as well as your natural features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so I did all 10, hit post, got an error and lost it :( bummer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooo! At least you acknowledged 10 things. What was your favorite?

    ReplyDelete