Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Your Intuition: Better Than A Crystal Ball!

I learned a difficult lesson yesterday. I had this funny feeling something was off with one of my personal relationships but I thought perhaps I was just being insecure. I chose to place my trust in someone else instead of in myself and when things blew up I was kicking myself because I just kept saying "I knew it, I KNEW it!"

Sound familiar?

Hindsight is always 20/20, or so the saying goes. What I'm speaking of here isn't about your worst fears coming true and then wishing you had the foresight to prevent them. I'm talking about that little voice that constantly prods and pokes you in the back of your skull until you listen. For some people it's little more than a weird feeling, perhaps a thought you can't seem to shake. For others, like myself, it is a strong clear message that all but thrusts its hand in the air, waving wildly, and screaming "Oh, oh! Pick me, pick me! Over here! I know the answer!"

I have paid particular attention in the past two years to developing my intuition.  I realized, one day, how often I was right about certain things, so I decided to be more mindful about this voice and made the conscious effort to take the action towards which I was guided. It has become an invaluable tool for decision making and led me to pay attention to situations and opportunities I may have ignored in the past.

Developing your intuition can be a valuable tool for you too. Intuition is something we all have, and practicing with it, like most things, will lead to greater success and self-trust.

Try this simple exercise the next time you are faced with a difficult decision.
Let's pretend you can't make the all important, life altering decision on whether to munch on bacon or chocolate.

Close your eyes and center yourself. Hold out your right palm in front of you and say to yourself "In my right hand is bacon." Do the same with your left and say to yourself "In my left hand is chocolate." Then ask yourself if you should eat bacon or chocolate. Literally weigh the idea in your palms and see if one feels heavier than the other. The heavier hand is your intuition helping you identify the best decision for you (chocolate will always weigh heavier in my book). It may surprise you or even disappoint you, but it won't lead you astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment